Monday, April 25, 2011

Eggnog Pie

An Italian Easter can be explained in one word : Pies.  I'm not talking about the typical pizza pie, I'm talking about pizza rustica (meat pie), spaghetti pie, grain pie, and whatever new additions to dessert our bellys desire.  So this year I let my creativity run wild and brought back the taste of another holiday favorite: eggnog.  I know I know,"oh thats a Christmas thing", well thanks for your expert opinion Kris Kringle. Food is food and I don't think it matters when you have dessert, pretty sure cake is saved for birthdays and if we could we'd eat it everyday, so don't be a buzz killington on this. 

Ingredients:
-- 32 Vanilla Wafers
-- 3 Bananas
-- 1 1/8 teaspoons Nutmeg
-- 2 cups of milk
-- 1 Small package of instant Vanilla Pudding
-- 1 package (8 oz.) of cream cheese
-- 1/2 teaspoon of Brandy extract
-- 1 cup of cool whip (pronounce the H and I guarantee heads will turn, see Family Guy for examples)
-- 1 Pie pan (about 9 inches in diameter, about 3 inches deep)

Preparation: 
-- Cover bottom and sides of pie pan with Vanilla Wafers
-- Slice two bananas, place the slices atop the wafers
-- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of nutmeg on top of the bananas
-- In a separate bowl, mix brandy extract, milk, and cream cheese
-- Stir in the cool whip
-- Spoon the mixture on top of the Bananas
-- Sprinkle with remaining nutmeg
-- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate
-- Before serving, slice the last banana and place atop the mixture

Okay, so there you have it.  This is a refreshing pie for any of those hot days.  I know what your thinking, how the hell can you call this eggnog pie without any eggnog, well ya know what Los Angeles doesn't have any lakes and the Lakers are there, I don't know if thats true, just eat the damn pie okay!  The ingredients give the allure of a tasty cup of eggnog.  So enjoy this fool proof recipe that will impress any group and have them thinking "damn you should be a professional chef like Rachel Ray" and then you can say "Rachel Ray is a sellout and I hope you never call me that again, jerk".  In all seriousness, this pie wowed people at the table yesterday and did not have to put all that much effort into it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment