Monday, May 9, 2011

A Chow-Joint Review: Tango in Bryn Mawr, PA


Unable to join my family and mother on Mother’s day, my friends and I felt it only fitting that we fill the void left from this mother-less day with some delicious Mexican-American grub.  The restaurant was rather dark, except for the light directly above the tables, which created an extremely private illusion.  This spot would be excellent for most events, but is most suitable for a romantic meal with some hottie.  The restaurant offers an outdoor bar for happy hours including both drinks along with their delicious food.  That nonsense is all besides the point, I came here on mission: to fill my belly with mouth watering fare.  My disappointing friends ordered salads (maybe they were watching next top model before they left, aka their being little women).  I, attempting to increase the testosterone levels of our table, started off with the fried oysters.  These crispy fried treats rested atop a nacho chip and drizzled with a pepper aoli.  Biting into this crunchy snack, a myriad of flavors rushed through my mouth.  It was unbelievably savory, while the tomato,cilantro, onion salsa offered a more sweet sensation; perfectly balancing the meal. The fried oysters acted as a wonderful preview for what laid ahead. For dinner I ordered a filling southern dish that I knew would be a true representation of the establishments overall abilities  , Jambalaya.  This steaming plate of Andouille Sausage, Shrimp, Scallops, Chicken, Ham, Calamari, and Crawfish swam in a pool of spicy creole sauce.  The southern flavors of the creole sauce really brought the true taste of all the ingredients to life.  A Succulent shrimp was downed after a bite of smokey andouille sausage.  The combination couldn’t be beat.  I also had the luxury of tasting my buddies’ meals, although this did take a little convincing.  First was the blackened swordfish, which sat atop Chorizo mashed potatoes.  The moist fish prepared with rather hot spices, matched perfectly with the chorizo mashed potatoes.  Little chunks of crumbled Mexican sausage really satisfied my taste buds.  Also tasting the Filet Mignon and the Grilled Atlantic Salmon, I knew the chef had the creativity and talent to really succeed in the culinary war being waged in today’s society.  The tasty meal complimented by excellent service and a wonderful setting received my stamp of approval as well as launched Tango onto my list of “places to pig out”!

No comments:

Post a Comment